You likey?

Saturday, October 30, 2010

This site is under construction....I just haven't got around to the construction part yet.

I sat down to write this, then I got hungry, then I ignored my hunger, then I scrolled on Facebook for a while then I flicked through my iTunes because nothing was quiet hitting the spot (I settled on Josh Ritter), then acknowledged my hunger once again, made breakfast (scrambled eggs if you are wondering…which you weren’t but now you know and that’s a bit of memory space I’ve completely wasted for you) then I started to type this. Now, since you know my timeline actions we’re good to go…

So I’ve been wondering how to develop this bad boy of a blog and with limited technical knowledge and a general apathetic view towards life, this has been quite challenging. But there is one major development to the page that I’m terribly proud of. I’ve added a ‘Like this’ linky-ma-bob (that’s the technical term, its all terribly complex, you wouldn’t understand) to my page. This involved doing things like adding Java Script and everything. And to think in my 8th month working in an IT company penny’s wouldn’t drop. Oh they’ve dropped my friend. Dropped good. I basically feel Mark Zuckerburg in the Social Network smart right about now. So yes, all twelve of my current followers (my apostles if you will) feel free to ‘Like’ this and any other faceless readers (creeps if you will) do help yourself to this app, suggest to friends, heck do whatever the fudge you want with it!

So there’s been another minor development in this project. I’ve decided to make a video blog. Well by decided, I mean intended. I did really want to make a video blog but there are obstacles I had to overcome first. First and foremost I don’t have a video-camera or any form of recording device, yes quite the obstacle there. Secondly there was no clear structure to the recordings. I wanted to blog about the Cork Jazz Festival which took place last week in Cork of all places. However what was intended to be an award winning and ground breaking documentary about the festival (I had my Emmy speech at the ready) turned out to be…well turned out to be shaky, blurry, drunken slurs at a camera. Sure it may work for The Blairewitch Project but my drooling onto a camera probably wouldn’t create as much hype. And thirdly, and this is quite the stinker, well thirdly I’m just not very good for being on camera. You know the phrase ‘a face for the radio’ well I have what could only generously be called ‘a voice for the deaf radio’. So perhaps listening to me shout at a camera would only be popular in areas of conflict as a form of torture and not recommended as a means of social entertainment. So as you can see, there are quite a few obstacles in the way for creating this video but I’m not ruling it out yet. Never say never and all that jazz. I guess you will just have to keep checking in to see eh?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it's the lack of a camera that lets us down there. Or a microphone. Or a PA system. Or in fact, any audio/visual paraphernalia at all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well maybe it's best that there is no video footage from the Jazz Festival....allows me to hold onto mt dignity for another while!

    Oh and props on the 'likey' addition.....a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well mise it is your not wanting of video footage that may just give me the kick I need to go find that footage. No better way to destroy your, scratch that, to FURTHER destroy your dignity than very very publically.

    And yes Denjoe I see what you did there. Very nice. Very nice indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete